[T3] Hard starting.

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 01:30:38 PDT 2016

In one Type 3 I looked at, a previous owner had plumbed in an electric pump
that was used solely to fill the float chambers using a push-button switch
like Jim's FI mod.  The normal mechanical pump operated when the engine was
running.  As you say, in normal use, there's no problem but after a week or
two (probably less in warmer countries) the fuel has evaporated.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club