[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SB I never had to turnthekey severa...

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 7 10:22:18 PDT 2017

Do I think it's wishfull thinking , absolutely . I didn't get this car
because I was looking for a project to have or think at the time I would
still own it of to make it be new again. I got it because gas prices were
high and I had a 69 Ford E300 van that drank fuel by nature. I did decide to
take most of it apart had all the fenders off and replaced the rear apron
because it was pushed in and fix the few dents and then paint the entire car
aonly because the PO had placed this stick on wood panel stuff to make it
some sort of woodie. Yet the left side must have been the side the sun hit
and thus the stick on crap had to be sanded off and under that was rust so I
had to brush the entire left door and a bit of the LR fender and the body
shop who did our Ford shop body work told me about some stuff that sealed
rust. If it were not for that I would have left it the factory yellow and
just painted the rear apron . It was just sitting on the used car lot for
$650 looked like something I liked and had VW' bugs in the past. Before I
dealt with the painting I got a Bentley and figured out why it ran so rich
and removed all the tin and cleaned the engine in the car and the tin
everything was there. Got all new hoses and gaskets for the engine which
were easy to get then and it ran great. Got a beat up 72 from U haul across
the street because I needed a rear bumper and wiper arms so I stipped all I
could off the 72 for spare parts .
 I'm sure many of the parts are not what they used to be . It still looks
good even after the crap body shop work to put the front 1/2 " back to the
right in 2012 june.
 Still it runs yet if I had the funds I would buy something rear wheel drive
with a stick like an older small Ranger sized PU  that was decent could pass
smog and sell this and all the spare parts for what ever I could get to pay
for the PU .

 This car has  left me stranded I did need to rebuild the engine and then
auto trans the trans suddenly lost reverse rebuilt it then a month later the
cable that releases the park pawl broke so it would not move . Lucky I had
spare bit's .

 This fuel priming thing still begs to question it never did it before my
only answer is the crap fuel because once it's primed it starts everytime
all day long until it sets over night then it's 3 key turns more than a day
it's 7 to 9 . So I'll put in a switch and perhaps get a airtex or similar
just in case . Since the pump works as Jim explained then it's a crap design
the check valve should hold pressure and did so something changed there.
Just can't imagine with all these sold with the same pump people would put
up with priming like some old hand operated well pump .