[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SB I never had to turn the key severa...

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:45:04 PDT 2017

Being (mostly) one-handed, I had Jim install his heavy-duty, 3-position
Fuel Pump Primer Switch for reasons which are infrequently mentioned.

   1. We had an Ignition Switch literally "fall apart" from 45 years of
   use.  It was a most inopportune time.  (Isn't it always?)
   - We were getting to "tow" our '69 Square behind our motor home to
      Kimball, MI to have Bob Heydt
      - replace our heater tubes and rockers,
         - reinstall rear bumper mounts, and
         - "straighten out" the
         - rear apron &
            - RR fender where the taillight mounts.
            2. But Jim made a "house call", replaced the worn out,
   electrical portion of the Ignition Switch and we were on the way for 2
   weeks in Michigan.

So my reasons for having Jim's Fuel Pump Switch installed, are two fold:

   1. It saves the "priming" of the fuel ring without using the "wash,
   rinse, repeat" cycles of the  Ignition Switch and
   2. Placing the Fuel Pump Switch in the OFF position, it "disables" the
   Fuel Pump so the engine can't be started.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)