[T3] Is there a real issue with using 5/16" ID fuel hose rated SAE 30 R7 ?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 18:54:04 PDT 2017

In a message dated 8/21/2017 8:22:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

I ask  because on doing a bit of research it seems in one site below from
2014  .

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/12/05/tech-101-fuel-line-hose-what-you-sh
ould-and-should-not-use/#comments-block

They  do not clearly state E-10 affects unlesss I missed it.

I used regular  5/16" ID goodyear  30R7 everywhere other than the engine
and used this  German FI hose that was expensive for the engine yet all it
states on the hose  is  NBR?CR< 25/06/41  I have no idea hwat that means .
Personally, I'd use FI rated hose IF I were redoing a system. It's  not
that I don't think 30R7 hose isn't up to the job, but rather I'm not going
back in there in 2 or 3 years and replacing it (all of it).
I only say that, because most of us here think that the 30R7 hose is  good
enough as a replacement, but we also think it'll last the 20 or so years
the OE stuff did. The thing is, fuels have changed over the years, ethanol has
 been added (granted it was 20 years ago). But the truth is you should be
changing the 30R7 hose every 3 or so years, because it's drying out and
getting  stiff. This leads to fuel leaks, and replacement of sections of hose
(or cutting  off the last inch of existing hose.

I try to replace the fuel hose on my carbed cars every couple of years,
because it's getting stiff.
Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to IRS

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS