[T3] On a 73 T-3 SB fuel injected aut trans pinging .

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Dec 9 14:44:28 PST 2017

In a message dated 12/9/2017 2:28:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

What it  does now is
start and run at 950 and basically holds that even in drive  only with a
short drop when I shift it into drive or reverse and once warm  the idle
drops to 850 and seems to remain there in drive then in park  rises to 950.

I only bring this up not to debate what percentage the air temp  sensor
richens the mix only because doing this changes the way it runs so  much .
have read this was an old techs trick on Rennlist I think.

The 100 rpm drop from park/neutral is normal for an AT car. This is because
 of the torque converter loading up to move the vehicle.

I'm beginning to think that maybe you might need to ballast the head temp
sensor. If it drops too low in resistance, the ECU will continue to lean out
the  mix. This might be what you're seeing.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to IRS