[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 87, Issue 11

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 12 18:49:04 PST 2017

On 12 Dec 2017 at 19:37, Keith Park wrote:

> Interesting, my 73 had flat tops, but then again..  it was purchased in
> Germany but as the export model...  not a true US sold car.

Shouldn't make any difference. As long as it was a '73 U engine, the
parts book only shows one piston option, world wide. Sounds like your
'73 had been rebuilt.

For the record, if you went to Germany and bought a VW to bring home,
under what was called "The Tourist Delivery Program" what you got was
a genuine US code VW. That's how this was possible.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org