[T3] 1966 Type 3 Squareback ( non-functioning horn)

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 17:41:39 PST 2017

I heard of someone who always coasted down a hill from his house and lifted
the clutch to start at the bottom of the hill with no problems until he got
a new car that had a steering lock - he couldn't get the steering unlocked
before he hit the wall on the gentle bend half-way down.  Spoilt his day!  I
guess it didn't have a 'garage' mode on the ignition lock, unlike Keith's
'crate'.  I think maybe newer VWs have a very small area where the steering
is not locked, but it sounds a tricky thing to rely on. I assume it wouldn't
be possible in an autotrans.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club