[T3] Phill from Samba sent a link to a few photo's of the AAR

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 31 15:22:17 PDT 2017

On 31 Jul 2017 at 14:20, William J wrote:

> If I remove it and add ATF should I just let it drain out after powering
> it a few times ? or blow it out with compressed air . I don't care to use
> carb cleaner since it's so harsh

I agree that carb cleaner would be awfully harsh. I would let a mixture of ATF
and mineral spirits soak for 24 hours, or at least overnight, while also cycling
it thru several warmup/cooldown cycles. Then dump it out.

If what comes out looks dirty, repeat until it comes out pretty clean.

This will take some time, but at least it's mostly just sitting around time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org