[T3] Injector gas leak into engine oil?

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 21:32:44 PDT 2017

(I don't know how the Injector Gas Leak got turned into a discussion about
the rear window defroster, but ...)

Jim said ...
>There may be special tape out there, made for easy pinstriping, that might
make this
>easier, but I'm not sure about that.
*------------------------------------*
The first pin striper, that I used on my Emerald Green Metal Flake, 2000
Honda Accord, had, what we called in the "art world":  A artist with a GOOD
WRIST.

He laid down a single piece if 1/8" tape to follow the contours and guide
his brush from the forward point of the right front fender, all the way
down the right side; continued across the rear of the deck lid; up the
entire length of the car to the termination of the forward point of the
right front fender.
He only used the tape as a guide for his "dagger brush".  The "pull" was
accomplished with only 3 "loads" of his brush, about 1/4" from the guide
tape.
*----------------------------------*
The second pin striper I hired, used a 5-line tape.  He laid down the tape
all around the two sides and trunk lid of the car in one continuous strip.
He removed the second and fourth lines of tape, leaving the Emerald Green
paint of the car, exposed.  Then he filled in the #2 space, where the
second line of tape had been, with a yellow/gold paint and #4 space with a
light green paint.
Kind of a "paint-by-number style".

A true pin striper, like John J., uses the #1, "good wrist" style.  But the
"fill in the spaces style" looks pretty good, too.  #1 style takes years of
practice.  #2 style can be done by almost anybody.
But ... back to the rear window defroster discussion:
I think Jim is correct.  The rear window defroster MAY be accomplished in a
similar fashion as the #2 pin stripe method using a currant-carrying
metallic paint and a 3-tape product, to create a single line which would
"defrost" the window.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)