[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 26 20:44:12 PDT 2017

Based on what you are wrote and now have the reverse of what you had before
it seems there may be some issue with the trigger points either sticking
which from what I've read should cause the engine to stop running yet I
can't verify that as probable . To me it would seem that if one pair of
injectors either stuck closed or more likely open the 2 cylinders would have
no fuel injection or fuel delivery . Do you recall which lead on the trigger
points you tightened first and then today . If they follow with ones that
got no fuel the white plugs then I would check the trigger points . The out
side ones would be the ones on the connector the center one is ground so it
would not run at all.

 I have no idea how old your trigger points are yet it seems operating temp
has an affect on how much better or worse it runs. It's possible since you
verified rechecking the plug wires and then pulled each injector plug and
the rpm dropped that the plugs are now fouled again. I would think that
would clear once driven yet it didn't. You had a backfire before seems
that's gone.

 I don't see any harm in just pulling the distributor and taking a look at
the trigger points and taking a close look at the cap and rotor and to make
certain the rotor snaps back and the dist advance cam is not binding.

 That's all I have to offer for what it's worth might very well be worth
nothing.