[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 26 21:32:50 PDT 2017

On 26 Jun 2017 at 20:44, William J wrote:

> Based on what you are wrote and now have the reverse of what you had before it
> seems there may be some issue with the trigger points either sticking which from
> what I've read should cause the engine to stop running yet I can't verify that
> as probable . To me it would seem that if one pair of injectors either stuck
> closed or more likely open the 2 cylinders would have no fuel injection or fuel
> delivery .

It's important to understand that the circuitry in the brains is set
up such that each trigger point not only triggers a pair of
injectors, it also resets the circuit that triggers the other pair of
injectors. So, if one trigger point sticks open, no injectors will
fire. This happens sometimes if a piece of non-conductive dirt falls
into the contact gap. This will bring the car to a halt until the gap
is cleaned.

If a trigger point contact sticks closed, which can happen if the
rubbing block is worn, I'm not sure what the result will be, but I've
worked over Daniel's trigger points and reset their gap, so I'm
fairly sure that can't be the problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org