[T3] Type 3 front break calipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Mar 21 09:09:10 PDT 2017

On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:03, Jim Adney wrote:

> Just another example of why newer is often not better. Note also that they
> cost twice as much as rebuilding a good OE caliper.

I should mention that I have correct Type 3 rebuilt OE calipers on my shelf,
available as replacements for people who don't have correct cores for
rebuilding. They would be more expensive than rebuilding your own good
cores, but not as expensive as those incorrect replacements.

The down side is that they aren't shiny.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org