[T3] Front tire wobble

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 22 21:52:22 PDT 2017

On 23 Mar 2017 at 1:48, Brion Sabbatino wrote:

> The car is an 1969 Squareback.
>
> When I hit a bump the right front tire will wobble until I give the
> steering wheel a slight turn.

If it's only the RF tire, then there are only a few suspects: wheel
bearing adjustment, ball joints, tie rod ends. Of these, only the
ball joints are difficult to test. Check the Bentley for them. You
can make makeshift tools to do this job, or an alignment person may
be able to do this for you.

It's probably also worth considering wheel alignment and tire
balance.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org