[T3] FI hose and clamps

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri May 26 05:27:53 PDT 2017

On 25 May 2017 at 21:16, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/24/2017 7:22:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> kensue356 at cableone.net writes:
>
> For fuel  injection. What is the correct size hose? What kind and what size
> hose clamps  to buy? How many feet and how many FI hose clamps to buy and
> where?

> The correct size is 7.5mm, but nobody sells it.

The hose I have is sold as 5/16" hose, but it's actually slightly undersize.
This brings a couple of advantages: It fits snugly over the purely cylindrical
tube ends of the long tubes that pass front to rear thru the body of the car,
and it's also undersize on the OD, and fits nicely thru the 3 grommets where
normal 5/16" hose won't go.

I only have about 7 years of experience with it so far, but none of it has
failed in that time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org