[T3] On that 73 T-3 horn

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sun Nov 12 16:23:05 PST 2017

 It seems the resistance is between the T/S switch horn wiper and the wheel contact ring. I cleaned both best I could with the wheel on . The one brown lead to the T/S switch does complete the horn ground it also seems to supply ground for the headlamp dimmer relay to the brown/white wire. The horn button just completes the ground circuit.

 I can see the contact wiper has a small hole worn in it about 1/16" diameter right where is rides on the ring.

 The only way I can repair that is remove the wheel if it can be repaired . If I can get the wheel off I may be able to solder a thin strip of brass to cover the hole or use very small screws.If I recall the brass wiper is held by plastic . The rest of the switch works pefect as does the wiper switch.

 I also pulled the headland switch out and 4 way . The headlamp switch was loose where it fastens to the dash and the 4 way I wanted to check the connections and found the metal housing was loose so I recrimped it . It also was a differnt part number than the 72 spare I have and has a 300 ohm resistor from contact 54 to a solder spot titled R which is not a male spade. It also has just one ground wire to the case not two like the Bentley shows.

---