[T3] Long Block Build Options in California or US

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 26 17:40:35 PST 2017

On 26 Nov 2017 at 13:43, Coach Carl wrote:

> Now - ITMm searching around for all the long block parts and will be
> happy to take recommendations if anyone on the list has those.

Unless you want to start with all new parts ($$$$) I recommend starting with
a decent Type 3 core engine that you can take apart and refurbish.  That
give you the advantage of seeing first hand how things go together, plus you
get reusable/rebuildable parts. The best choice would be one for a similar
year and in never-been-touched condition.

I think you said this was for a '72, so I'd shoot for one from a '72 or '73.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org