[T3] Question 73 T-3 FI /auto trans.Grounds on engine.

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Oct 29 20:17:05 PDT 2017

In a message dated 10/29/2017 8:03:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

Is there  a better wiring schematic out there ?

The only why I can tell what  each ground wire is is to unplug the ECU
since I don't want to check any  grounds to the ECU or the injector grounds
because the injector plugs can go  in either way and I don't think reading ohms
is a good idea with the ECU  connected.

I've already pulled each terminal out of each engine  component plastic
plug and tightened them one at a time. The Bentley does  number these . I
didn't see any numbers on the now off white grounds that I  could read. Beside
the Bentley does not give them numbers.

Why  would they do it this way?
Yes, it's in the Elfrink FI manual.

No, but reading thru the ECU plug to the end item is a way to verify  that
there are no "opens" in the wires.You can try this site for  resistances to
the components..
https://www.rennlist.com/techarticles/djetronicfuel.htm

This tightening is a good thing to do, as it helps eliminate and
"vibration" induced faults.
The numbers on the wires are printed about every 6 inches or so, in case
you need to splice or check an existing wire.
Since all the wires are the same color, printing the number on each wire
does make sense.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS