[T3] Spark Plug Lubricant

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:15:28 PDT 2018

 For me it's just a matter of using common sense when using lubes and
sealers of any brand since all make some claim to be the best thing since
sliced bread.

 I just use a tooth pick to apply the permatex anti-sieze  to the plugs
threads and just enough to coat the threads lightly not so much to fully
pack the threads . The main reason I use a chaser after removing the plugs
is to make certain any remaining is cleared then crank the engine to blow
out what may be loose. The heads I have on my car now as well as the case
were from a 72 case I had and the plug threads were not great and I had the
machine shop install time serts which was the way they repaired them and
with the heads off they peened them on the inside so they would not back
out . I still use anti-sieze just in case. Since I don't drive much I don't
replace plugs often. I used to over due it and replace them along with a
cap and rotor , point's condenser every 6K.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>