[T3] Oil Cooler leaking

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Feb 16 06:17:11 PST 2018

On 15 Feb 2018 at 14:40, Dorough, Don CIV, NPPSC N3/PSD Pensacola
wrote:

> My oil cooler is leaking (looks like it's right at the donuts)

There are some special things you should know about before replacing
those seals. I'm emailing you my writeup on oil cooler seals.

> It looks like to get to it I will have to take off the #3, 4
> injectors, intake tubes on that side, and generator to get that tin
> off before I can get to it. Is that correct?

I think you'll also want to remove the distributor, and there's a steel fresh air
tube that goes thru the tin that will have to be disconnected at each end.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org