[T3] First Steps Engine Reassembly

Bobnotch bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 11:05:32 PDT 2018

My suggestion would be to get a complete gasket kit for a t-1/t-3 engine. Mail order it from someone like CIP for around 10- bucks. It'll have all but the correct intake manifold gaskets you need.
I normally use the carb gasket in that kit for the oil fill tube, as it's the right size. For attaching the breather box to it's stand I use the single port intake gaskets for it. Whatever you do, DON'T use the metal dual intake gaskets that come in the kit. They cause a vacuum leak on carb engines, and shouldn't be used on FI engines. Ever.
Look in the Bentley for which way the oil deflector goes (orientation). It uses 2 paper gaskets (1 above, and 1 below it).
I hope this helps.
Bob