[T3] sealing from exhaust to heater

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Mon Jul 23 21:25:22 PDT 2018

I successfully used Jim Adney’s suggestion to solve my problem of missing clamps/rings at that point.  It is to wrap strips of folded aluminum foil where the ring would go, and hold it in place with a wide worm clamp.  It solved my stinky heater completely, and it’s held up in all kinds of driving for several years.
My “donuts” never seal 100%, and any leaks get directed right into the gap between the cast and sheet metal of the HE.
Thanks, Jim!
-Phil