[T3] I'm a bit confused as to why unplugging this IAD temp sensor clears things up.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:58:39 PDT 2019

What I said about the change in advance while using a timing light and then
pulling the cans vacuum line off was only to demonstrate that with a
working can and the throttle was open enough to apply vacuum to the can you
would see a change in the timing mark position. I only brought this up
because I was trying to figure out IF a working can might solve the
unsteady rpm climb from 950 to 2,100 rpm no load condition I am having .
The vacuum can I have which is the only one I have does in no way work, I
can see the diaphram is torn in fact I can blow into the line and air comes
out the arm side. I worked on cars and trucks for over 50 years and there
are all sorts of vacuum cans that work heaters and A/C systems , they are
either working or not. I used to use an A/C vacuum pump to locate vacuum
leaks on Fords since there were so many cans and lines and valves. I
understand how the D-jet works yet have no way to know if my system is
running rich or lean or why the IAD temp sender makes such a difference.

William