[T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 2 09:59:46 PDT 2019

When the Squares last engine was new, I used 30wt, that was fine, 38lbs of
oil pressure on a hot day on the highway, 12 at idle.

As the engine aged it became 10W40 and that was good for a long time,
finally with over 100K on it I switched to 25W50 as that was a racing engine

oil and had the ZDDP in it, and that helped with the oil pressure as the
engine continued to wear and when it was done at 165K I had about 25-26psi
on the highway on a hot day and 5Psi at idle, hate to think what that would
have been with the SAE30.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"
"hanging out at the tail end of the bell
curve, and loving every minute of it!"