June 2019 Archives by thread
Starting: Sat Jun 1 19:58:37 PDT 2019
Ending: Sat Jun 29 08:40:42 PDT 2019
- [T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?
- [T3] Hinge pins
- [T3] Arc's sparks and missing the mark's
- [T3] Since I replaced the runner boots and all vacuum lines noticed
- [T3] 2020 Type 3 Invasion!
- [T3] automatic AAR
- [T3] NOS Brake Parts
- [T3] Nose too high. The 71 square has always felt tall and squirrelly. Today, I checked out why. The PO had rebuilt the front end, but it sits, on 165r15s, way high. The fender lip of the front fender is a whoppi g 28" high! Yikes!!!
- [T3] A few issues I'm trying the resolve.
- [T3] On my 73 Square's electric AAR . I did a bit to see.
- [T3] 71 IGNITION SWITCH
- [T3] 73 AAR.
- [T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 105, Issue 18
- [T3] Ignition replacement
- [T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 105, Issue 23
- [T3] Fw: Moving on....
- [T3] Why is the 'Bull off the Nickel'?
- [T3] Early Front Wheel Cylinders?
- [T3] list check -- no need to reply :)
- [T3] Took apart my electric AAR . Mine would not fully close . It takes some time yet it's not that bad . The heater was fine yet needed to remove the heater housing from the valve since it's the only way to remove the valve through the top by removing the oil bath pipe . I saw mostly what causes the valve to bind is fine surface rust in the valve bore , once that happens you get slight scoring on the valve which is stainless and the bore which is steel , i think this allows the oil to build up on the valve , if the bore and valve had no scoring the oil would not build up. I polished the valve and bore cleaned it well added a small amount of SAE40 to the valve hoping to keep rust from forming , I though anti seize may have been better then adjusted the thermal spring to close a bit sooner put the valve back together and now it works I cut slots through the crimped area and it was easy to bend them up to remove the valve assembly from the heater can and once repaired bent them back over .
- [T3] Wiring
- [T3] Two issues.AAR and CHT.
Last message date:
Sat Jun 29 08:40:42 PDT 2019
Archived on: Sat Jun 29 08:40:55 PDT 2019
This archive was generated by
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition).