[T3] Since I replaced the runner boots and all vacuum lines noticed

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jun 8 08:09:48 PDT 2019

Having the right door rattle is very common with these cars. I think a lot of it is
from the "boxer engine design". I get it sometimes with my MT car, and the 69
Square I have in the garage does it too (MT car). I didn't notice it as much in
my old 71 Notch, but then it did get a CW crank when I built that engine.

Yes, most of all the rear subframe rubber bushings are hard by now, but then I
don't think VW planned on them lasting as long as they have (40+ years).

About the only trans mount you can't get is the AT mount (it's NLA). It's also the
mount that sees the most abuse, due to unsupported engine removal.

Just my take on things from type 3 ownership over the years.
Bob