[T3] Nose too high.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 11 12:38:07 PDT 2019

On 10 Jun 2019 at 13:28, B Fye wrote:

> The 71 square has always felt tall and squirrelly. Today, I checked
> out why. The PO had rebuilt the front end, but it sits, on 165r15s, way
> high. The fender lip of the front fender is a whopping 28" high!
> Yikes!!!

28" really? Yeah, that's WAY too high. I just measured my bone stock, never
touched, '73, also with 165SR15s, and from the ground to the underside of
the high point of the fender wheel arch I have 25".

I can't imagine what that would drive like. Sounds Awful. Bring it down 3" and
enjoy a brand new ride.

Anything similar going on in the rear? Makes me wonder if your PO thought
it would look cool to jack up the whole car. In the stock setup, the rocker
panels should be parallel to the road.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org