[T3] Nose too high.

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Mon Jun 17 15:51:08 PDT 2019

On Jun 17, 2019, at 8:08 AM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

On 15 Jun 2019 at 20:38, Keith Park wrote:

> I measured the rockers on the pan lip, just below them to ground

Come to think of it, I got a T-shirt with Squareback factory
dimensions on it at one of the last Invasions. John, did you come up
with that T-shirt? If so, you must have the actual drawing. Could you
come up with some official dimensions we could look at?

I do have the blueprints all the Type 3 body styles.  Even posted them on the Samba in the Archives/Backgrounds section.  I went ahead and scaled off the Squareback drawing based on the wheelbase and overall length dimensions given on the drawing.  Using that scaling factor, the front wheel lip is 26.5” off the ground and the center of the bottom flange of the beam is 8.3” off the ground.

I would measure Sophy or Jill’s Ghia but they are both lowered a bit.  I might just for grins. <G>

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com