[T3] 73 type 3 FI ignition condenser ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:01:01 PDT 2019

Jim , I’ll check out the harbor freight maintainer .  I’ve looked at different ones mainly the battery tender which used to be cheap not now and then there are these C-Tec which are really high priced. I used to have a 2 amp trickle charger Schmacher yet at 2 amp with no taper off you could over charge a battery.

 Also on another topic some might be interested in . I saw a video since there is no acc position on the Ignition , this fellow said some have the S terminal for the insane key buzzer and it seems on bugs it has a S or an S1 . He has an after market radio and as you know even with points you can’t leave the Ign on or it can over heat the coil . Point is since I am only aware of the S which is ground , in this case if you wire in a relay that has a fused hot to it and insert the key you have the ground and wired to a relay and the hot . Once wired up just insert the key without turning it and with the wired in relay this will power up the radio or what ever else one might want to power on . I noticed the Ignition switch I had sitting here for decades made in Germany also has a P terminal , I didn’t check what it does  and it is not used.  I remover my buzzer on my 73 which is fuse 9 and use it to power a relay for my gauges and tach I just plugged in a ¼” male spade into the fuse box and it’s hot all the time and the relay I have the relay coil section powered off a fuse which is hot only key on.

 My last question is . Are the Bosch points sold now days as good as the old ones? They seem to look the same , al I know is they still have the little Bosch sign on them. My guess is there are not as good and most likely not German made.

William

Sent from Mail for Windows 10