[T3] On the subject of fuel senders and fuel gauge

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 17:00:12 PDT 2019

Thanks , good to know . I went to install the condenser then realized with out turning it there is no way to get that screw on the vacuum can out , I could probably get it out yet not in with the condenser . It’s been so many years I had to ask you where it fit . In a way some of the condensers that had the holder on the condenser were a lot easier rather than it being a separate  piece. Now I recall every time I replaced the condenser and points I still had to time it after so turning the Dist was not an issue.

 As far as the sender, if the tube were off wouldn’t it move the gauge up and down on turns all the time because I only see it below ½ tank , is it possible that because I don’t fill up the tank most times I just get down near the red and put in 3 to 5 gallons and doing this might gum up the float rod cause the float to stick the free on a turn? I realize I still need to look either way to really know. I also need to check out why the Brown wire from the sender to the gauge has 44 ohms on it when I disconnect it at both ends. I know I checked it yet with 44 0hms I doubt the gauge would read close to correct at all. I must have read it wrong which is quite possible.

 I did notice when I had the Gauge housing apart because three on the small screws that hold the face the body of the housing 2 were not there and I found them laying it the housing and checked both the gauges I have and noticed on the 73’s gauge one reason it always read past the full mark is there are 2 small stops for the needle and on the full side it was bent back on the 72 gauge they were not , I just left it this way and use the 73 gauge since I know at least how it acts.

William

Sent from Mail for Windows 10