[T3] 73 type 3 runner hose and intake gasket replacement?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:48:57 PDT 2019

I may just make one out of aluminum I have it's .039" thick .

I only have one torque wrench an old sears digitork and wondered how
accurate it is , Bought it new forget when decades ago. 3/8" drive 5 to 75
foot pounds and also newton meters . I weighed a container for 14 pounds
which is the torque for the runner to head nuts and 12" was center of the
handle and it was 1/2 lb low if I set it at 14.5 foot pounds it clicks if I
go to 15 it does not. I just hung the water filled jug by a wire drive in
vice and let the weight on real slow.

Here one that looks like it. Mine is a bit older and has a built in thumb
wheel near the square drive and a quick socket release button and half the
shank toward the head is more flat.
https://www.machinesused.com/lots/(2)-Craftsman-Digitork-Torque-Wrenches-19161#&gid=1&pid=2

I had a old 3/8" and 1/2" beam style that I trusted and a snap on 1/2"
click which vanished with my tool box. I thought I might need a new cheapo
beam type they sell on amazon for $35 and change. I always read clicker
type were off the most in the low end 5 ft lb is the lowest mine goes 75
the highest making 14 foot lb's the low end.