[T3] Got the runner boots and fuel line and intake gaskets done yet .

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 18:41:00 PDT 2019

I got it all together then fired it up and it ran terrible, I had a hard
time starting it and it was back firing . I could hear the exhaust was
louder than ever . I put it in drive and it stalled out and could not get
it restarted. When I tried to start it it sounded like it was fighting
itself then it started and was back firing out the exhaust. If I pulled #4
injector made no difference . Then I pulled each plug wire and found 3 & 4
did nothing . I shut it off and checked the two plug wires and realized I
crossed 3 & 4 I thought I new the firing order then counted 1 2 3 4 and
found I had then crossed. After that it started right up .

 I've never done this before in my life and now wonder if running it like
this for 15 minutes could have done any damage. I know the back fire was
because it fired with the exhaust open yet it didn't happen every time . I
just can't think in my head or picture how issues the back firing can have
as in stress on the rod bearings or is it just since the mechanical engine
works the same and  gets fuel then fires with the exhaust open or part
open. I feel so stupid , I'd rather it didn't start and I checked the wires
yet some how got the 2 crossed.

William