[T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?

Larry Thrasher larryt3162 at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 16:12:40 PDT 2019

Oops, sorry I got off rambling on previous answer.I've understood that once a year on the oil change, if you don't hit the 3000 mile mark.
The bull is off the nickel

  On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 2:10 PM, William Jahn<willjahn975 at gmail.com> wrote:   I don't drive much put a bit over 1,000 miles in 4 years. I use Castrol
20/50.

 I changed the oil 4 years ago and add 1/2 quart around every 6 months. The
oil still looks clean. When it's 1/2 quart down it looks a bit darker but
clean after adding the half.

 Question the oil should be changed every 3,000 is there a time frame if I
don't drive much? I tried reading about this yet get varied answers. Most
of the driving is 3 to 4 mile trips and since it's been cold here the oil
temp is not real hot. All I read is dino oil breaks down and creates acid
from combustion and water vapor.

William