[T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:29:15 PDT 2019

The W stands for winter and 30w-30 not sure.
Jim I only use 20W50 because 40 single grade is no longer available here. I
figure on start up say 70 degrees since it's multi grade it's not 50 weight
until it gets hot. I thought I'd try the Valvoline 20W50 racing oil just to
have the zinc , Valvoline also has a 20W50 none racing oil that has 830 ppm
zinc and the racing has 1400 ppm as far as I can tell castrol has no zinc
at all. The racing has less detergent yet since I only drive 250 miles per
year and changed it every year I'd be good. It does get hot here. I also
thought I might use 2 qt's of the racing oil and 1/2 qt of the other just
to get more detergent yet this may not be needed.

William