[T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 28 13:58:40 PDT 2019

On 28 May 2019 at 15:49, donrob at yachtsales.com wrote:

> Lucas Oil makes oil specifically for classic cars:

> https://lucasoil.com/products/hot-rod-high-performance

Look also here:

https://lucasoil.com/pdf/Zinc_Values_MotorcycleOil.pdf

Here's a chart listing the zinc content of all the Lucasoil products. Down in
the lower right corner there's mention of a Lucas zinc additive. Looks like 2
oz of that, per oil change, would make any of our oil options good. (The
Hemmings article seems to say that 1200 ppm is sufficient. I wonder what
that bottle costs?

I have serious doubts about the other Lucas additive, the one they say you
can add to either the gas or the oil. That seems really odd.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org