[T3] Stupid question #395 Oil change time?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:04:00 PDT 2019

I'm not sure what to use. I change the oil yesterday dropped the cover and
cleaned the screen had a little gray stuff. All I had was the Castrol GTX
25W50.
I spoke to Valvoline today and was told the VR1 20W50 racing oil does not
have as much detergent in it as their regular 25W50  I just don't know if
that's a huge issue if I change the oil every 250 miles. The oil companies
will not offer much in detail. Their regular 20W50 has 830 ppm zinc and the
racing has 1400 ppm. Both are Dino oil.