[T3] Bosch plug wire question on coil wire .

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:48:48 PST 2019

I decided to check the plug wire resistance and found # 3 was open , all it
was is the screw in plug connector was pulled out of the stranded core so I
cut off 1/4" and screwed it back in. Must of happened when I had #3 & #4
crossed and it was jumping that small gap the other 3 were fine. Don't have
many miles on it since then and I didn't see any evidence of arching so it
must have been touching or close enough. I never did check them when I got
them I assumed they were fitted correct . I always pull the wires by
grabbing the boot right on the plastic so I don't pull the wire out. I
probably should have checked the other 3 were tight yet didn't since they
read fine. Never had that happen before. The small rubber boot fits so
tight I needed to spray silicone just to slide it back and then back in
place. I suppose I should check the other 3 next time I am in there just to
be sure.