[T3] Bosch plug wire question on coil wire .

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 11:03:17 PST 2019

They are black don't know must have been thinking of the injector plugs .
Yes the Silicone wire jackets are easy to tear that's the issue I was
having and was not careful enough when I installed them the first time.

 It just bugs me to no end I was not more careful and they don't offer the
Bosch wires any longer. That silicone jacket tears just looking at it plus
it stains if you have any oil on your fingers and does not clean off.

 I'm not sure at this point what to do . By the time I buy a decent
crimping tool $30 because I don't have the Bosch screw on cap ends or use
the cheap one I have and recycle the old ends or buy the same type ends $6
because  using the old ones is not easy . $20 for 11 feet of wire shipped .
To do a good pro job and if I need to do them again the proper crimp tool
is needed . I can use the old cap boots and plug ends. All the wires sets
now are EMPI crap or standard motor products. Napa sells a set Beldon Blue
wires copper core yet no idea if they are long enough $50. ISP and many
others sell a cheap set made in Brazil low end is $26 and they don't say
what the wire is.

 Maybe I will just get the wire and  go from there. For now as long as the
don't arc and I think the jacket is just to keep oil and water away. They
have been nicked since 2015 and I haven't seen any arcing sure ran better
with the solid core coil wire.

 I have your address so when I have the chance I will just send $20 Money
order along with my info. If that works for you.