[T3] my long term issue have to unplug TS1 for a smooth idle.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 10:45:12 PDT 2019

On your 73 you have the proper MPS and ECU and removed the EGR and have not
tampered with the MPS and yours runs fine . I have the same components  and
mine is nothing other than a never ending battle . Yes I rebuilt my engine
yet didn't change the cam or crank or do any modifications just the
pertronix if I had the funds I would try another ECU. My TS1 drops to 65
ohm when the engines hot , in the past I never checked what they read , it
ran fine so I was not looking to find fault. So far on Samba all I find is
letting the car sit 30 minutes after it hot the TS1 drops to low in my case
65 Ohm and due to heat soak it might come up to 100 ohm making it to lean
and this is the reason the idle is low then recovers , it does recover
meaning the idle comes back up after the engine heats up . I never had this
issue before. I;ll check the AAR . I know it does not stick closed and it
does close when hot and the heater works it seems to close fairly fast when
I  start it cold and just let it idle. It does close faster when no air is
flowing through it that seems to cause it to take longer to close. Like air
flow through a radiator. The air goes through the open valve so it cools
the valve and the valve stem has the thermal spring on it.