[T3] odd issue RPM hangs.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:13:53 PDT 2019

I took the dist out checked the springs all good there. I lubed the weights
again and the trigger cam and installed the condenser just in case. Put a
replacement working vacuum can on it yet still have the vacuum line
plugged. I warmed it up and played with the timing set it right to 5 BTDC @
850 RPM and 1000 it does return to where I set it yet why the ping?  It
still pinged pushing it which it didn't do before so I set it a bit below 5
BTDC . Haven't driven it after , this just makes no sense. I know when the
RPM was below 850 it was @ 7.5 degrees BTDC unless I was looking at it
wrong never had this issue before.