[T3] On my 73 square

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 18:32:26 PDT 2019

I suppose anything is possible. Mine only has the one allen screw the
original had a flaw screw. The enrichment is done via the TPS on a 73 and
72. It's an E system. I just need to be sure it's not some wiring issue I
might have missed in 2009. I have two newer MPS units and one is only
different by the last letter and it worked fine I put the proper new E MPS
in and didn't get much of a change. The main thing is since I fixed all
possible vacuum leaks which are supposed to make it run rich if they leak
it's worse now with TS1 connected. It's been acting up since 2009 always
had the erratic miss only at idle. Before I mess with the MPS adjustment I
need to be certain there is  not an issue anywhere else. If I don't and
even if I mark the MPS and set it back it might be worse. Or I just masked
the real problem . I realize the fuel is not the same as it was in 2009
when I first noticed this miss and unplugged the air temp cured it which
seems to indicate it's lean yet not by much or TS1 out of the picture would
not make such a drastic difference. I know the AAR was not closing and
fixed that and it helped at least give me a RPM that was consistent once it
closes. If I cannot find any issues then I will adjust the other MPS I have
with the D letter at the end rather than screw up the proper one since it
ran about the same with either one. The main thing to me is this was not a
gradual change in 2009 when we had the same fuel it was sudden. Certainly
fixing any and all vacuum leaks changed things it made it worse with TS1 in
the mix the same with TS1 out of the mix.