[T3] On my 73 square

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 15 09:25:23 PDT 2019

On 14 Sep 2019 at 20:24, bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> However, I don't know IF adjusting the MPS will fix your "miss at idle"
> issue.

That's the problem. In most cases, the pressure sensor is not the problem,
and "adjusting" it just means that you've now lost the factory calibration. Yes,
you can mess with it, and a lot of people do. SOME of those people really
know what they're doing and do it with real understanding, but just adjusting
one part, to make up for a problem you don't understand, is the gateway to
chaos.

Most people who do this end up either junking the car, installing carbs, or
just running extremely rich and fouling the air.

It's not an approach I would ever recommend.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org