[T3] my long term issue have to unplug TS1 for a smooth idle.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:34:09 PDT 2019

The D unit is a 311 906 051D/ 0 280 100 101 , it's the exact same unit as
the 311 906 051E/ 0 280 100 116. Both have the same nose and have no full
load enrichment in the MPS and no slots in the cover and both have the
black plastic cap and the ground wire tab which none of the others had. If
one were to remove the numbers one could not tell the D from the E . When I
installed the E it didn't change how it ran at all.

 I had this D unit on this car for years and it worked fine even passed
smog in 97.

 You may be right in that it's covering up another issue. The one thing I
noticed once I adjusted it that is different than unplugging TS1 is it no
longer has the issue when I gave it gas when the idle was 1000 then climbed
to 1200 which I thought was a sticking throttle because fixed that didn't
stop the RPM hang . this did. I need to drive it today to see how it starts
cold and how it drives once hot and how the idle reacts. Once I do this I
will report back , as you say it very well could be an ECU issue in the TS1
circuit the only thing about that is the sensor read proper and it does
change  things quite a bit plugged in and unplugged so it seems like the
ECU see's TS1 in some respect.