[T3] Have another question on 73 T-3 front seat cable

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 11:27:58 PST 2020

Jim , when you have the time take a look at your 73 it's probably the same
as mine. That second cable that is seen outside the seat near the pivot
could probably be eliminated , all it does is lock the seat backs in the
full forward position so if you are sitting in the drivers seat ad have the
passenger seat tilted forward you can't tilt it back because you can't
reach the right knob from the drivers seat. Since on the drivers seat it
was routed around the outer seat pivot bolt the cable always had tension on
it and would not allow the release knob to move all the way up , it locked
the seat back yet would not release it . It just connects to the same seat
back release lever and then to the same area as the recliner cable and is
fixed making the only time the back release lever is full up locked and can
be moved is locked so it stays up or locked to stay forward . When moving
the back any where in between the lever is in the middle of it's travel.
The other cable is the one that releases the back so you can tilt it
forward. I watched after I fixed it and that fixed cable does not move at
all when pulling the back release lever down.