[T3] Replaced my oil VDO oil pressure gauge.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:47:21 PDT 2020

I installed it in 87 and it was reading 10 PSI with just the key on. The
replacement does not. Before when it started it read 65 PSI now it's 55 PSI
and within a 1 mile drive it was down to 40 PSI and the engine was not
close to being warmed up.

 The old gauge when hot got down to 25 PSI @ idle. yet climbed right back
up to 50 PSI @2500 RPM . So this is one issue, at least now I'll know what
it is warmed up once I have the occasion to drive it far enough.

 Then on to checking the relief valves and adding the VDO temp sensor to
the cooler relief valve. I want to also check the Bypass waiting for a hex
head plug because I never did like the slotted ones even though I never had
trouble getting them out using a section of flat iron that fit the slot and
an adjustable wrench.