[T3] Oil cooler seals.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:15:06 PDT 2020

When I last did this was 1997 and a tech at Ford where I worked lent me his
3/4" drive torque wrench. I used a long angle iron on two flex plate bolts
long end on the floor and that lifted the engine. All I know is it was a
real pain . I see videos now only with the clutch and they use a red lock
tight and a 1/2 impact gun. I have a 1/2 Impact yet I know it's not as
powerful as the IR I used to have. I think Bob did his flex plate on his
wifes auto that way.

 For now I'm just going to live with the leak as I have been for years. At
least the sump plate I repaired slowed it down and looked like the worst
leak.  Last time I really looked I don't recall seeing oil engine side of
the flex plate, at least what one can see through the case access for the
three plate to converter bolts.