[T3] : Re: 73 Type 3 Ignition Switch

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:09:16 PDT 2020

On my 73 from the time I bought it in 1985 after I replaced all the FI
gaskets and fuel and vac lines , runner boots all of this, until 2009 I
still didn't drive it everyday and I never had to prime it . I just hit the
key once and it was running . I never pumped the pedal or anything. I
replaced the fuel pump with a 2 port model which has a check valve built in
because the original began making noise and it's check valve didn't hold.
That helped a bit yet I still had to prime it, just not as long. I read
somewhere the fuel regulator even if it works also plays a part in holding
the rings pressure. Once I start it first time it will start 12 hours later
no problem.