[T3] 73 T-3 oil temp?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:17:19 PDT 2021

I checked the AAR and it was not fully closed so it seems to work. I still
need to check it after it's warm so I know it closes.

 I always remove the battery to check the level. It's too difficult to
check it in the car for me , The back seat stands up on a 73 T-3  . A few
cells were a little low , I usually make sure the level is just under the
ring or lip . It's an Interstate MT-42 so it has two caps. While I had it
out I charged it @ 2 amps for 2 hours then removed the caps and a few cells
were  a bit higher than the fill lip . I should have charged it first since
the plates were covered then added distilled water because the liquid
expands with heat. I feel it will be ok since they are only about 1/16"
high so there is quite a bit of space between the cap and level for
expansion . I find it odd since the battery was perfectly level when I
added water and all ended up at the same level until I changed it. The
battery case was not even close to warm. I imagine the electrolyte was.  I
knew liquid expands when warm , it just was not in my head today.   The
battery is 4 years old , Before this one I had one from auto zone of the
same size . I was told I didn't need to check the water , it lasted 7 years
then once I took it out when it died it was almost dry . Now I check .

William