[T3] Brake Calipers & Pistons

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:28:04 PDT 2022

I never saw disc brakes on US cars until the late 60's , 68 I know Ford
started using them only on cars, never on vans until much later. Even fuel
injection on  gasoline fueled US models was much later. The first attempt
to move away from carburetors was variable venturi in the 80's then the
first attempt of fuel injection  on a V8 consisted of two injectors fitted
in a housing that looked like a carb still fitted on the intake manifold  ,
what drew the fuel in still worked like a carb, intake stroke drew the mix
in , there was no timing for injection . Been so long I forgot how they
worked. It was a low pressure same old mechanical fuel pump.   Same with
electronic ignition began in the mid 70's a stator and pickup and huge
module that was  a dealer repair only.