[T3] Brake Hints!

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:26:32 PDT 2022

How does the brake fluid change process using DOT 3 or 4 differ?  I'm not
using DOT 5. I've never done one person bleeding before it was always a
second person pumping the pedal and me working the bleeders.

 I've watched many videos showing this procedure and granted they are now
VW specific other than one for Mercedes which was light pumps gravity
bleed.

 I understand how the rapid pump churns up old fluid and crud. I've just
never seen anyone do it or mention it.  Most do state to remove as much old
fluid from the reservoir so not to introduce more filth into the system
since most of the fluid is in the reservoir . The big difference in VW is
the reservoir is not mounted on the master.  Yet that really does not
change much, it's just two lines that will hold more old fluid.