[T3] Type 3's at Cincinnati VW show, Sept. 25?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 30 06:48:51 PDT 2022

On 29 Sep 2022 at 21:37, Keith Park wrote:

> Next time we do something like this, we need to bring a Type 4 along.
>
> Well I brought the engine, I wonder if he noticed something familiar looking in the back of my car...

I may have mentioned the Type 4 engine in your car. Not sure how much
impression it made.

> This trip took us 1006 miles and consumed 43.12 gallons of 87 octane gas, for an average of 23.3 mi/gal. That was a bit lower than I expected, but we had a lot of wind for most of the trip, plus this is an AT car.
>
> I didn´t calculate the average for the whole trip, but Im consistently getting 24.5 - 25 MPG with the 2056 on the highway.  Of course, my experience is that Jim may have a bit heavier foot...   Im not running 87 octane anymore, 92 in minimum for my build.  Dave was driving along at the same speeds only had me by about 1 MPG....

Except for construction zones, most of my driving was 65-75, with an
average of about 70. Even with the AT I expected slightly better mileage, but
didn't get it. This engine runs perfectly on 87 octane gas. What's your
compression ratio, Keith?

BTW, I forgot to mention that the weather was perfect for driving our cars:
temps ranged from 50 to 70, except for the show day, when it got up to 75. I
never had to worry about overheating and once home I could see no
measurable drop in the oil level.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org